Following Microsoft’s recent Windows 10 Anniversary update, some Sage customers have reported that they are unable to log in to Sage 50 Accounts after installing the update.
This may cause one of the following errors or issues:
- The message ‘You have entered an invalid password’ appears
- The message ‘Unable to register datasource’ appears
- Sage Accounts freezes on the splash window or the splash screen flashes and disappears – this is the window that appears as the software opens.
To activate Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
- Hold down the Windows key and press X then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Within Programs and Features click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 check box, so it shows as or , then click OK.
- Click Download files from Windows Update, then click Restart now.
If these steps don’t resolve the issue, for further help, please refer to the following articles: